One persistent problem with the latest Windows Phone builds (6.5.X Builds) is the inability to use a fully featured task manager. Within my latest 6.5.5 ROMs I have managed to get HTC Task Manager going although it still lacks the ability to close a program using the X button. Only the minimize feature currently works. Chinagb from XDA-Developers has developed a nifty little application to circumvent these shortcomings and offer a few enhancements as well
Enter XTask, a task manager for Windows Mobile PDA phone. It does, not only the most wanted job of cleaning system RAM by closing unused tasks, but with many more features. For example, it can correct the overlay problem of the WM6.5.x bottom bar for any programs such as Resco Explorer, also automatically set button-X to Close instead of minimizing a window.
- Support all WM versions (WM2003, WM5, WM6.1, WM6.5, WM6.5.x).
- Support all screen resolutions (QVGA, SQVGA, VGA, SVGA, WVGA).
- Support multi functions (process management, task management, document management, control panel, etc.).
Main features and functions
- Switch windows or close tasks or system process.
- Rotate screen orientation.
- Automatic fix the bottom tool bar overlay in WM6.5.x.
- Automatic change X-botton to close.
- Automatic terminate ActiveSync.
- manage files with XTask.
- Access the control panel items.
- Place icon, or show freeRAM on the title bar.
- Hold the XTask icon and drag on the screen to perform quick function.
- fully customizable XTask function items, program tools bar for fix under WM6.5.x, icon position on the title bar, etc.
- Create shortcut buttons in start menu for Restart, Toggle Wifi or bluetooth, screen-off, etc.
Head on over to XDA-Developers to find out how to install this on your device and make sure to watch the video below showing off a nice demonstration of the application.